Use when you need to get an overview of product pricing across a category – from the customer’s perspective
When you need to make annual price adjustments and want to understand what flexibility you have, who to chase and who is breathing down your neck.
Use this also when major events have taken place in your category: new products, innovations, new legislation etc.
Takes that guesswork out of managing regular price decisions, puts the focus of attention on what is changing about the customers acceptance of price rather than what your competitor’s are doing.
Hybrid pricing techniques from Research Engine take the best features from well established industry tools such as Van Westendorp, Kaiser, Brand Price Trade-off and Gabor Grainger, Turf etc. You get new benefits from old techniques.
What you get…..
A pdf report showing all brands price dynamics on one page.
Instantly see what scope you have to manage share, margin and revenue from a single overview document.
The report also exposes the competitive threats and opportunities for each brand.
Advice about minimal sample sizes to aim for:
Aim for samples over n=150 to get a good over view – if the sector is dominated by just few brands you can drop the sample to n=100.
Advice from your friendly statistician would probably be to buy the largest sample your budget can afford.
Advice about data collection methodology:
Web only (self completion) or Cati (computer assisted web interviewing)
Before we start your project, we will need some information from you about:
- The name of the target brand and the names of up to 9 main competitors
- The name of the product category that your brand sits in eg. Breakfast Cereals or Ladies Hats or Power Tools etc
- The list of up to 5 customer benefits for the category (if you have them already, these are the ways in which the customer gains advantage or profits from the purchase as defined by customer).
If you cannot find an off-the-shelf product solution to meet your requirements we offer two great additional solutions:
- CUSTOMISE OUR EXISTING PRODUCTS We are happy to take our standard products and customise them to your precise requirements (e.g. by adding extra questions or changing questions). This can be a very fast and cost-efficient way for clients to reach a perfect solution.
- COMMISSION A CUSTOM PROJECT We frequently carry out a wide range of custom research projects for clients – so whatever your needs please ask us.
In either case please either use the “Custom Research” option in the footer of this page OR email Chris or Mike directly with your questions: